The Lucie’s Place team is excited to announce brand new opportunities to work directly with our Executive Director and staff to serve LGBTQ youth experiencing homelessness while developing a safe and transformative space for the local LGBTQ community.
Lucie’s Place wants to hear from compassionate, forward-thinking leaders who are interested in joining our Board of Advisors! As a Board Member, you will work with our Executive Director and the Director of Center Operations to further develop and expand Lucie’s Place resource capacity, manage critical assets, brainstorm and implement fundraising campaigns, foster relationships with local allied organizations and businesses, and take the initiative to advocate, educate, and lead your own projects with the goal of improving our reach and our capacity to provide services.
The Lucie’s Place Board is an indispensable part of our leadership, and we are particularly interested in folks who share our same desire to move away from the traditional methods of the nonprofit industrial complex and toward structuring more radical frameworks that prioritize mutual aid and community self-empowerment.
As a Board Member, you have the freedom to set your own schedule, but we expect a flexible commitment of 10-20 hours a month of direct organizing or equivalent work. Prior organizing and fundraising experience is preferred, but not required. We are currently prioritizing Black and Brown LGBTQ applicants, particularly Trans and GNC applicants and applicants who have personal lived experiences with being unhoused and housing insecurity. This is in effort to reserve space for marginalized peoples to have the opportunity to serve in a leadership capacity, and not meant to discourage others from applying!
In addition, Lucie’s Place is also excited to announce new openings for Board Officer positions:
President of Lucie’s Place Board of Advisors
- Sets agenda and priorities for Board meetings and preside over meetings and holds members accountable for attending meetings
- Serves as Lucie’s Place’s internal contact for the Board and advocates for Lucie’s Place’s mission as an external ambassador
- Assures ongoing recruitment, development, and contributions of Board members
- Works with the Executive Director in cultivating and soliciting major foundation grants, fundraising campaigns, and individual gifts
- Sets goals and objectives with the board and ensures they are met
- May assist with Executive Director responsibilities
Secretary of Lucie’s Place Board of Advisors:
- Assures an agenda has been prepared by the board president and the agenda is distributed in advance of the meeting
- Prepares the official minutes of the meeting and records motions, discussions, votes, and decisions
- Prepares and provides the previous meeting’s written minutes to board members before the next meeting and records any changes or corrections
- Assures that internal documents (bylaws, financial documents, roster of board members) are are accessible to members
- Schedules and notifies board members of upcoming meetings
Ready to take the leap? Please attach you resume, and a cover letter indicating how your background aligns with Lucie’s Place in the form below.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!